1. Determine which plate you have
(or which plate comes with the product you're thinking of buying.
2. View the tripod list for your plate
Scroll down and view the list of tripods that work with your plate.
List of Plates
For details, check out our plate comparison article.
- Standard Plate: Arca list
- PROplate: Arca list + Manfrotto list
- MICROplate: Arca list
- ARCAplate: Arca list
- DUALplate: Arca list + Manfrotto list
Arca Tripod List
This list was generated with the help of our very own customers. If you've got something to add or dispute, please contact us.
- 3 Legged Thing – most models (www.3leggedthing.com)
- Acratech – knob-clamp & lever models (acratech.net)
- Desmond – DAC-1 tripod head (buy it on Amazon)
- Fotopro – all screw-knob models (http://www.fotopro.com/en/) - Rollei (C5i)
- Giotto's - all screw-knob models including MH655, MH658 and MH1302 (www.giottos.com)
- Gitzo - Some newer models such as GH1382QD. Most older models are not compatible.
- Horusbennu – most models (www.horusbennu.com – in Korean)
- Jobu Design – most gimbals and quick release heads (www.jobu-design.com)
- Joby – Gorillapod Ballhead X (www.joby.com)
- Kirk – all tripod and monopod head models (www.kirkphoto.com)
- MeFOTO – all screw-knob models, except DayTrip (www.mefoto.com)
- Markins – Q-Ball knob release heads (www.markinsamerica.com or www.markins.com)
- Oben - all screw-knob models (www.obensupports.com)
- ProMaster – only tripods with screw-knob quick release heads, like the XC525 (promaster.com)
- Really Right Stuff – all screw-knob and lever-release quick release clamps (reallyrightstuff.com)
- Sirui – all ball head models (www.siruicanada.com)
- Vanguard – BBH & TBH models (www.vanguardworld.com)
- Wimberly – most heads and QR clamps (www.tripodhead.com)
- Most screw-knob ARCA-type heads - a good rule of thumb is that if your tripod head is Arca-type and it has a screw-knob style quick-release, then it is compatible with Capture.
Manfrotto Tripod List
We've made a few Manfrotto compatible tripod plates over the years. Our most current is the Dual Plate. The discontinued PROplate and DUALplate v1 also work.
- If you want the absolute answer, view the list of compatible Manfrotto® heads.
- If you want the shorter answer, it's this: Dual Plate works with most Manfrotto® heads with model numbers containing "RC2." If your Manfrotto® tripod head model number contains the characters "RC2" it means that your head is designed to work with Manfrotto® RC2 quick-release plates. If you have one of these heads, Dual Plate will most likely work with it. For a complete list of compatible RC2 heads, check out this article.
Incompatible Tripod List
Didn't see your tripod listed above? Or looking to buy a tripod that works with our gear? This list contains models that we know to be incompatible with our stuff.
- Gitzo - no known compatible models (www.gitzo.us)
- Velbon - no known compatible models (www.velbon.co.uk)
- Giottos - lever release heads and sliding ARCA-type heads do not work (www.giottos.com)
- Dolica - some people claim their stuff is ARCA-compatible, but we've had many customers vouch for the fact that they aren't. We've confirmed this with 3rd party online reviews.
- Manfrotto ARCA Style Heads - We've had reports that our plates don't quite work with our Capture Plates
- Most lever-release ARCA-type heads – with the exception of Really Right Stuff (who makes high-quality Capture-compatible lever-release clamps) we’ve found that these heads, even if they claim to be ARCA-compatible, often run a little wide or narrow depending on the brand.
- ARCA-SWISS® Slidefix® heads – these heads are narrower than the classic ARCA design and will not accommodate the Capture plate.
Converting an Incompatible Tripod
It's easy (and relatively inexpensive) to take an incompatible tripod and make it compatible with all of our products. Follow the steps here.