Simply put, Anchor Links are what set Peak Design camera straps apart every other camera strap out there.
Peak Design Leash with a Sony a6000
Peak Design Slide with a Nikon D800 + 70-200mm lens
The Anchor Link system is a low-profile, ultra-strong quick connection technology that can only be found on Peak Design straps. The system consists of two parts:
- Anchors, the little round disks that loop around the straps loops on your cameras and tripod plates
- Anchor housings (or "Links"), which sit at the ends of our straps and hold Anchors
We developed the Anchor Link system because we were frustrated with how difficult it is to attach and remove a traditional camera strap from your camera. There were some existing quick-connecting strap systems on the market, but these systems were bulky, ugly, and prone to failure.
Anchor Links give Peak Design straps the following advantages:
- Ultra-fast connection and removal. It can be done easily with one hand, yet it's nearly impossible to accidentally detach the mechanism.
- Ultra-strong connection. Each Anchor can withstand over 200lbs (90kg) of force, making them far stronger than traditional quick-connecting strap systems.
- Greater strap versatility - customize your carry style. Anchors can attach to multiple points on your camera, including the strap loops, the tripod plate (all Peak Design plates and many 3rd party plates have attachment points) on your camera or on your lens tripod mount. The result is that you can attach your strap to different points of your camera and achieve different carry styles (neck, shoulder, sling, etc). You can also customize your carry depending on the center of gravity of your camera/lens combo.
- Low-profile and out of your way. Traditional quick-release straps leave big, unsightly buckles hanging off the sides of your camera when your strap is detached. Peak Design Anchors are so tiny that you'll barely notice them. Plus, they're lightweight and made of materials that won't scratch your camera.
ANCHOR LINKS, THE PRODUCT
We also sell a product called "Anchor Links." This is a set of 4 Anchors and 2 Links that you can use to turn a traditional camera strap into a quick-connecting camera strap. This product is ideal for someone who has a traditional camera strap that they really love, but want to upgrade its functionality and versatility.
Learn more about Anchor Links here.
ENDLESS ATTACHMENT OPTIONS
The diagram below shows a camera with 4 Anchors attached—one to each strap loop, and two to the bottom of the camera body (either via a Peak Design Anchor Mount or via a Peak Design tripod plate). The diagram illustrates the endless configuration options you have with regards to where you attach your strap.
DELIGHTFULLY QUICK AND EASY
Anchors attach to your camera using a simple cow hitch loop knot. Anchors slide into our straps and lock in place with a satisfying click.
Our latest generation of Anchors have a built-in warning system to let you know if it's time to replace them.