It's our mission to make the best things. Not good, not great, but literally the best products in their respective categories. It is also our mission to not create any unnecessary waste. That is why every single Peak Design product come with a no-hassle, no-rhetoric lifetime guarantee. When you spend your hard-earned money on our products, you can do so with confidence that your gear will always be fully-functional and defect-free. You can also rest assured that we will do everything in our power to keep your product in use and out of a landfill.
If any part of your Peak Design product becomes non-functioning or defective, we will repair or replace it with a fully-functioning item in the same or better condition.
Note the "non-functioning or defective" part. This means that the warranty does not cover cosmetic wear that does not affect the safety or function of your product. In our opinion, a little scratch or knick here and there is nothing more than bragging rights that you've been having some fun with your gear. But if something breaks, don't worry one bit. We're behind you all the way.
Also note the "same or better condition" part. We're serious about keeping our products in use and out of the ground. When we can, we issue warranty replacements from our stock of open-box, gently used, or refurbished items. All warranty replacements are quality-checked and certified to be clean and fully-functioning, and come with the same lifetime guarantee as your original purchase.
The Warranty Exchange Process
1. Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line "Warranty Replacement" and include the following
- The product you have (name, and size/color if applicable)
- The issue you're experiencing (to expedite processing on our end, please include a picture of the problem)
- Your full shipping address, and contact phone number
- Details about your purchase (If you bought from peakdesign.com, include order number. Otherwise, please send proof of purchase from an authorized reseller. Knowing when and where you bought your gear allows us to trace potential product issues to their source.)
2. A Peak Design team member will review your info. Most warranty exchange requests are responded to in 3-5 business days.
3. We'll provide instructions on where to ship your broken/defective item. Unless otherwise arranged, the customer is responsible for the return shipping cost. We will cover the cost of shipping a replacement item to you.
We've built our reputation on building high-quality gear and offering the best customer service out there, so we're not going to nickel-and-dime you out of a warranty with a bunch of silly exceptions. The only thing we have to say is that we do reserve the right to change this policy at any time, so please don’t abuse it.
We have designed and built our products to work well with nearly all devices and accessories, and we believe our gear is very safe to use. Peak Design is not liable for damage to cameras, equipment, clothing or anything in your surrounding environment as a result of using them. Peak Design is also not liable for bodily injury to yourself or others as a result of using our stuff, so please listen to your Mother and be careful when you’re out there having fun.
If you have any questions about your warranty and whether or not a specific scenario is covered, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and our Customer Service Manager will be with you shortly.