P.O.V. Kit is designed to be used with a wide range of point-and-shoot and action cameras. Included in P.O.V. Kit are two types of connector plates - one is for GoPro® brand cameras and the other is for any camera with a 1/4"-20 tripod thread. Most non-GoPro action cameras use this 1/4"-20 mount.
Our head designer Art testing POV Kit compatibility with the Sony Action Cam. Thumbs up.
For your easy reference, here is a list of every action camera that we know to be compatible with the P.O.V. Kit. If you know of another one or have a question about one, please leave a comment below this article. Also, see our compatibility notes below the list.
P.O.V. Kit Compatibility List
- GoPro (all models, requires waterproof housing*)
- Sony Action Cam (all models, requires waterproof housing)
- Drift HD (all models)
- Contour (all models, including +2 and ROAM2, with or without waterproof case)
- V.I.O. POV (requires tripod mount accessory)
- JVC Adixxion (all models)
- Garmin Virb (requires Garmin Virb tripod mount accessory)
- Delkin Wingman (all models, but must unscrew camera from tripod mount to turn on/off)
- RePlay HD (requires tripod mount accessory)
*If you are also using the LCD or extended battery backpack for GoPro you will need to follow steps 1 and/or 2 in the "Compatibility Notes for Non-GoPro Cameras" below.
Incompatible action cameras:
- No known so far!
Is your brand/model not listed?
Leave a comment on this thread and we'll be sure to add it!
Compatibility Notes for Non-GoPro Cameras
If your action camera has a 1/4-20 tripod mount on it (like Contour, Sony Action Cam, and most other non-GoPro brands) you may need to make certain adjustments to use it with POV Kit.
1. You may need to wear your camera higher up on the shoulder. Sometimes your camera will not have enough rear clearance to sit in Capture at a straight angle. To correct this, move Capture to the top of your shoulder. Your camera will then be able to point straight forward.
2. You may want to use a 3rd party extension arm. Using a GoPro extension arm with POV Kit will give you more options for positioning your camera. Extension arms (like this one) can be connected to the POV Kit Adapter Plate on one end and the point-and-shoot plate on the other end. They allow your camera to sit further away from the Capture unit.
3. You may want to use a tripod-to-GoPro adapter. These adapters (like this one) make it easier to mount Drift and Contour cameras on the POV Kit, since they allow you to connect your camera directly to the J-arm.