The Peak Design Affiliate Program is our way of giving back to super-users of our gear who want to share our products with their friends and followers. Here's a run-down of how it works, what the rules are, and FAQs.
How does it work?
Simple. You signup on this page. It's free and open for anybody to join. One you sign up you'll get an email with a unique link and code. You share those with your friends and followers. When people use your link/code to make a purchase from this site, they get a discount and you get a commission.
Affiliate Program Rules
These rules are designed to make the Peak Design Affiliate Program fair for all Affiliates. If we find or suspect that you are not following these rules (intentionally or accidentally) we may suspend or cancel your account. We also reserve the right to alter your commission. We sincerely appreciate the support of our Affiliates...some of you are the most loyal and tenured Peak Design users in the world. If we do feel the need to alter your account status, please understand that we are doing so in the spirit of fairness to all Affiliates, customers, and Peak Design partners.
1. We kindly ask that you do not make your affiliate discount (or the notion that you have one) publicly Google-able. In other words, if somebody can type "Peak Design discount code" (or similar terms) into a search engine and easily find your affiliate discount, that violates the rules of this program. Our Affiliate Program is designed to reward influencers for sharing our products with their audience. If we suspect that your discount code has become public knowledge (i.e. shoppers who are not part of your sphere of influence can easily find it) we reserve the right suspend/cancel your account or alter your commission.
2. You are responsible for keeping your coupon code off of coupon aggregation and other 3rd party sites. That means that you cannot post your code to these sites. That also means you are responsible for how your friends and followers use your code. When sharing your code with others, please take care to inform them that the discount cannot be shared publicly. Again, if we suspect that your code has become public knowledge we have the right to suspend or cancel your account.
3. Only share your affiliate discount through closed channels that you own and manage. You cannot post a link to your code in a Reddit thread, for example. Nor can you share your code on a Youtube video or in the video description. You can only share your code privately with people who you directly influence. You can, for example, share your code via an email newsletter to your subscribers, or in a special section of your site that people must login to access.
4. You must disclose to us where you are sharing your coupon code. You do this on the Affiliate Program application in the field called "Referring Website." If you do not disclose where you are sharing your code, or you provide a suspicious-looking URL, we reserve the right to suspend or cancel your account.
5. Discounts and commissions do not apply to items that are already on sale or discounted, such as bundles. That means that a customer cannot apply your affiliate discount to a bundle item or sale item, and as a result your account will not accrue commission on that item. This policy is in place to prevent the prices on our site from becoming exorbitantly low, which is unfair to our retail partners.
6. Commission payout will happen once a month, typically at the end of the month. If you wish to be paid out, you must login to your Affiliate account and click the button to request a payout.
7. All payout happens through Paypal in USD. Provided that you have a Paypal account, you will receive no payment fees.
8. We reserve the right to cancel or alter your (or everyone's) Affiliate commission, discount or payout schedule at any time. We love this program and we love giving back to our most vocal, evangelical customers and fans. But for a variety of reasons known and unknown, we just want to let you know that we could change things up in the future. We also welcome any and all feedback to the program. If you have something to share, please email us at email@example.com.